ok, i’m writing this post merely to get back into the habit of writing!
i’m taking few classes online (DAA, NLP and planning to audit PGM) and this has re-introduced me to lots of stuff that i had forgotten. like say Master method or dynamic programming.
i also read too many blog posts these days on all kinds of technologies. its confusing!
all this makes me wonder, what skills should a software engineer keep honing, in order to continue plying his/her trade?
1. languages – be multi-lingual to make use of libraries
2. coding – problem solving methods, programming paradigms, basic code hygiene
3. libraries – both data structures and algorithm implementations
4. system design – frameworks, architectures, design patterns
5. science in the domain – machine learning, nlp, network programming etc
now, how does one keep honing these above skills?